Sunday, June 24, 2012

Some Reflection from 6/22

As I enjoyed our class discussion about the reading, I couldn't help but think about our discussion about the blogs, writing circles, and research paper.  I found myself wanting more clarity and direction.  When in reality maybe strict direction is not always a good thing.  I realized I have gone through most of my schooling following directions and doing what I was told.  Whether it be through math homework or even research papers there was always a clear path to follow.  This provides learning on a narrowed specific level.  So then it dawned on me that this class is for our own learning benefit to investigate our educational lives.  Not having set specific guidelines about what to write will allow us to think more freely and not be on a single minded track.

I must admit it does scare me a little to not be guided in a single direction.  But on the other hand it intrigues me.  I feel I am able to look at my educational past in many different ways.  The problem with many projects that have a clear path is that if you lock in on a topic it can end up not being as substantial as you originally thought.  Or you may end up wanting to take a different approach and then can't because of the guidelines.  I am glad there is more freedom in our research.  I find it nice that blogging about our discussions, and readings will provoke interesting thoughts and questions.  I can already see through reading the readings that I have inquiries and relations about how the education I had came to be.  I look forward to building on my knowledge throughout this research.

No comments:

Post a Comment